Sunday, December 27, 2009

Bruises


At the lake the other day, my regular trainer Wang (hes the dude in my pictures that never wears a shirt) explained why he always kicks me in the same thigh when kick pads. After about the fifth time(my left thigh hurts before we even start from the day before) i start to drop my guard out of pain. Thats when an opponent kicks you in the neck he says and shows me by applying pressure to the vein behind my jaw line. instant knockout. Two days ago Den (manager/trainer/ ex 16 year old dual champion) kicked the crap out of me while we were doing pads. He's known as the hardest trainer but he went a lot harder on me than i see him going on the other beginners. The trainers here test you. If you don't seem up for the pain they take it easier on you. If you eat it and don't complain they take you a little more seriously. When Den was kicking my ribs he held back a lot but made sure to slap with his foot pretty hard (I didn't think something like stinging pain could give me pause as this did). He also punched and kicked me in the stomach till i thought i was gonna throw up. It may sound stupid to some people to say that this was great. The trainers here are all fighters/former fighters. They're polite to everyone but, I feel like they only really show you respect by how hard they lay into you(no homo). In the middle of kicking me Den asked how long i was staying. When i said another 3 weeks he said I need another 2 months. I really wish i could. Maybe I show some potential at this shit. I wish i was training now instead of stuck at home with a stomach flu, writing this stupid blog(poorly). Anyway heres a shitty picture of one of my matching footprint-shaped rib bruises. more pics of my brand new hot pink muay thai shorts with the gyms name on it later.

3 comments:

  1. well, anyone who beats you up for wearing a shirt isn't your friend.

    -DVS

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. thx marge. worst advice ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you going in 3 weeks?
    (wv:reburier) <-awesome

    ReplyDelete